Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Days of Small Things

Today I think I know how to start this blog. It has been a project on the back burner of my mind for almost three years. 

As a mother of four small children ages 4, 3, 2, and 3 months my life revolves around small things with seemingly small significance. Yet down deep I know that is not how God views nor evaluates my life. He said through the prophet in Zechariah 4:10, "For who has despised the day of small things?..." 

I think I have done some of that despising myself. I too often find myself frustrated at my inability to make my mark on the world, to touch lives for Christ, or even to get out the door past the laundry some days. 

So in an effort to record how God is changing my views on small things, I'll start this blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Sweet girl. Never doubt you have made a mark on this world. You have delivered 4 beautiful children. You have helped your husband work to achieve his dreams. You have no idea of the number of lives you have touched. The true heroes are the ones who take care of the small things without which the big things couldn't be done. You are beloved by your family! Just the thought of your sweet countenance is enough to lift my spirits everytime you cross my mind. You Aunt Kim loves you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read more! Your sweet and kind spirit has definitely touched my life and made it richer! :)

    ReplyDelete